In 2013, the Red Stick Mobile Farmers Market opened. This exciting initiative combines BREADA's expertise in Farmers Market management with best practices from around the country to increase fresh, healthy food access in North and Old South Baton Rouge.
A retrofitted mobile vehicle "pops-up" a Mobile Farmers Market at four locations and will grow to six scheduled stops in North and Old South Baton Rouge, joined by local farmers, food artisans, and community partners to provide a variety of produce, goods, cooking demonstrations, and nutrition education.
The Red Stick Mobile Farmers Market is made possible by support from the following partners:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation
- Chase Bank
- The Irene W. and C.B. Pennington Foundation
- The Imogene Brown Foundation
- Mayor's Office of Community Development
- Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation
- The Mayor's Healthy City Initiative