The Eat Fit BR project has been developed with the input from local chefs and restaurant owners in the Baton Rouge area. This project is spearheaded by Eat Fit NOLA, the Baton Rouge Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (BRAND), Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Woman's Hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, and Ochsner Baton Rouge. Eating right has never been so easy!
What does it mean to be an Eat Fit BR partner?
Our partners commit to offering healthy meal items for all visitors. They have adopted and promote the following Eat Fit BR guidelines:
- Default Beverage: Water or Lowfat Milk
- Fruits & Veggies included with all kid's meals
- Wait staff trained to promote the healthier options
What benefits do restaurants receive if they become an Eat Fit BR Restaurant?
- Consultation to review kids meal options and identify choices to meet the Eat Fit BR Guidelines (technical assistance provided by trained dietitians from the Baton Rouge Dietetic Association, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Woman's Hospital, Ochsner Baton Rouge, and Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center)
- Toolkit of helpful resources and materials
- Recognition of the participating restaurants on the Healthy BR website and on the local government channel Healthy BR program and other media/social media outlets
- Eat Fit BR window cling displayed at the restaurant to indicate participation in the program
- Free gym passes at local gym for employees of healthy restaurants